Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day four, who wants some MORE?

how lucky am i?
i ask myself this every morning as i wake up to this beauty.
this is where i reside. this is my crib. this is my home. this is my nest. this is my chummy wummy cozy wozy. this is my cocoon. this is my abode. this is my بيت. any way you say it, it still doesn't seem real. i still don't believe it.
It's on the mount of olives. THE MOUNT OF OLIVES PEOPLE!

Today was Sunday. (unlike rebecca black, i am stating the obvious day of the week for a reason.) Sundays in the Holy Land are regular ol' days.

...and regular ol' days in the Holy Land look like this:
a visit to "Arab Costco"

discovering graffiti that takes the words from your lips.

haggling and bargaining in street alleys.

shekel pops.


playing soccer in the streets with the Palestinian children.

exploring new cathedrals and ancient buildings.

the first day of skool= attractive outfits + new books.
(lenient on the attractive part)
win.win.
locating call to prayer towers and plotting revenge on those who have disturbed much sleep.

watching children play soccer on rooftops.

and spotting cats on rooftops.


i love jerusalem.
it is written.


4 comments:

  1. Love. Love. Love. I knew that place would feel like home to you!
    I'm so happy you are there, though I do miss you crazy good:)

    And, Uh by the looks of the picture I think you have 4 new boyfriends!!!!! :)
    Getting right to it on day 4, niiiiiice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO um because brooke seems to be the only great sister who write on this wonderful amazing blog, i decided i wanted to write to you too!

    I love you very much and mikel you are my best friend and i look up to you so much more than you will ever know! and im glad i have you as my example because if i turn out to be even half as amazing as you i know i did good! I care so much about you and i hope you have amazing and unique adventures in these four months in jer-ru! i love love love YOU~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mi'kel. You are so beautiful. I think you look great in your new school clothes. I mean it. It's an awesome look. Mickey, I miss you so desperately. You brighten everything. You look like you are fitting right in. Jerusalem takes my breath away. Also, I knew it was only a matter of time before you were playing soccer with the locals. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! Its your BIG brother Bry!! Looks awesome!! I am soooo jealous! Have tons of fun!! YOu will learn the most from the children. Have them teach you Hebrew. Love ya! Bryan

    ReplyDelete