Wednesday, July 27, 2011

what i'll miss.

as i am drawing an end to my time here in jerusalem, i've been thinking a lot about what makes this land i love so special to me.

it hit me like a rock yesterday.

i'll miss the people. a lot.


we left the dome of the rock yesterday and went down an alley way i have never been down before.
these cute girls were playing in the street and i saw one had a 'skip it' in her hand.
i asked her to show me how she skips it.
she laughed and skipped it a few times.
another girl came and took a turn.
then i asked for a turn.
my shoe wouldn't fit through the loop so i took off my shoes and skipped it around and around.
i was quite the skip it queen back in the day
glad i still had it in me.
the girls were clapping and so excited to see me do it.
it was one of my most treasured moments.

never pass up an opportunity to interact with people, especially little kids.
look for the little pleasures of life.
-it is written.

note to self: find me a skip it when i get back to provo.

No comments:

Post a Comment