Monday, July 4, 2011

jordan day one.


we jumped on the bus super de duper early.


Stop ONE. Mount Nebo. We looked over the mountain where Moses got to see the Promised Land but was translated before he ever got to go into it.


There we saw the giant snake on a stick statue thing that symbolized the snake on the stick in Moses' day that the people had to look at to be healed...


We decided to follow the bad examples of our ancestors and not look at the stick.


(except for jee-hee. she behaved correctly and was healed)


There were Mosaics on Mount Nebo with a big tent covering. i saw this bird and thought it looked oddly familiar. funny coincidence or what? It looked just like the bird on my skirt! 
(if you squint one eye, look upside down and count down from 37 slowly.)



Jamie. me. Jarrett.


Jamie. Me. Alyse.


stop number two. Madaba.




Mosaics on the ground of the church. This one is a map of Jerusalem.


Me. Drew. Holly.
----
Jarom. Me.



Stop three: Machaerus.
This is where John the Baptist was in prison.


This is Drew. He is my older brother here. He looks out for me, teases me, loves me, and listens to me. i'm glad he is here with me.


Amber. Jess. Me.




tyson. me.




Bro. Muhlestein drew this smiley on my hand when i dropped my pen. I think it just sums up how much i love this man. he helps me keep my smile. always. i'm grateful for that.



i took this outside the window on the drive. This sums up perfectly what Jordan looks like. It all looks the same and it all looks like this.


"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. You know what you know. and YOU are the one who'll decide where you'll go..."-Dr. Seuss 
quote dad made me memorize years ago. i think it applies today more than any other. choose your destiny. the world is out there. go explore it. -it is written.

No comments:

Post a Comment